The Law Offices of Joshua Graubart, P.C. is a boutique law firm focusing on copyright, authors’ rights, and related and neighboring rights in the United States and around the world.
In particular, the firm represents American-based creative rightsholders – designers, artists and creators, and the publishers, producers and other entrepreneurs and organizations with whom they work – in protecting and exploiting their copyrights abroad. Likewise, the firm advises foreign rightsholders in connection with the protection and exploitation of their rights in the United States.
In addition, the firm frequently counsels copyright users – film-makers, theatrical producers, concert promoters, software and fashion houses, and online entrepreneurs – to ensure cost-effective compliance with copyright, authors’ rights, and related and neighboring rights law in the United States and around the world.
The Law Offices of Joshua Graubart, P.C. can help rightsholders
- trace and collect royalties for uses of their work both in the United States and in foreign territories;
- organize and review their catalogues in connection with estate planning projects, such as preparing a will or trust, or assist heirs in understanding and exploiting copyrights and related assets;
- understand and maximize their royalty revenue at home and abroad;
- license their works for use in the United States and abroad; and
- regain (or terminate an old transfer of) their American copyrights to a publisher or other person or organization under sections 203 and/or 304 of the US Copyright Act.
The Law Offices of Joshua Graubart, P.C. can help rights users
- cost-effectively acquire or license the use of music, photographs, video and other creative works – including databases and fashion designs – for use in their own works or services;
- determine whether a proposed use fits within the doctrines of fair use, fair dealing, droit de courte citation, or another exception or limitation to copyright, authors’ rights, or a neighboring or related right; and
- understand local peculiarities of copyright, author’s rights, and neighboring and related rights, and formulate strategies to comply with local law.